Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are your prices so much cheaper than my local showrooms?
We buy all our products directly from our UK suppliers and we buy in bulk. Our skilled buyers ensure that we pay the lowest price possible so we can pass these discounts on to our customers.
- Are your products new?
Yes. All our products are new and supplied to our customers as they are supplied to us by the manufacturer. We do not supply our customers with seconds or used goods nor do we supply grey imports.
- Is it safe to enter credit card details on this site?
Yes. Our site uses SagePay which is the largest online independent Payment Service Provider in the UK. They use the state-of-the-art secure sockets layer (SSL) technology which encrypts your credit card details into a code which is only readable by the bank. This ensures that the credit card information cannot be read by unauthorised people once it is sent by your computer.
- Do you accept alternative methods of payment?
Yes. If you prefer you can pay for your purchase over the phone by calling our sales team on 0800 193 6161. We also accept payments by cheque or postal order; however these can take up to 10 working days to clear before the order can be processed.
- How long does delivery take?
Due to our large stock holding we are normally able to deliver your order within 3-7 working days. Most fires and stoves are delivered within 3 working days, fireplaces and electric suites are delivered within 7-14 working days. Delivery times can vary if items are out of stock from both our warehouse and the supplier. In this unlikely event we will contact you and advise you of the delay.
Please note we recommend you not to organise installation of your goods based on any provisional delivery dates given to you, as goods on very rare occasions can be short delivered, arrive damaged or get lost in transit. We advise you to wait until the correct goods have been delivered to you and checked.
- How are the goods delivered?
We currently use both our own drivers and a courier company to deliver your goods depending on the nature of the items and your location.
- Is there a charge for delivery?
No, delivery is free to most Mainland UK addresses. For deliveries elsewhere such as Offshore Islands, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland please email us for a quote.
- Can I have goods delivered to an address other than my own?
No. For security reasons we can only deliver goods to the address that the credit card is registered to. This helps to ensure that the person paying for the goods is the person who receives the goods.
- What type of fire should I choose?
Look at the way you live your life. If the fire or stove is to be the main source of heat in the room it will need to be ultra efficient. Or, perhaps you've just decorated your home and need a high class flame effect fire or a new stove to add that finishing touch. Remember who uses the room: if you have young children toddling around maybe a glass fronted fire, with a proper guard fitted in front, is the best option. If you don't have a mains gas supply, an electric fire may be best.
- What type of gas fire can I have in my home?
The type of chimney or flue you have usually dictates your choice of gas fire (or stove). The detail section of each fire in our range illustrates the suitability of each fire (or stove). Visit the 'which flue' page on this site for further guidance.
- What if I don't have mains gas?
No problem! There are gas fires (or stoves) that can be easily adapted to run on Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), a gas that is just as effective as natural gas. LPG is supplied in bottles or in a storage tank, which will be sited in your garden and filled from time to time by a local supplier.
- What is the difference between 'outset' and 'inset' fires?
Outset fires sit on the hearth outside the fireplace opening. Inset fires sit inside the fireplace opening behind the hearth.
- I haven't got a chimney or flue. Can I still have a gas fire or stove?
Yes, you can choose from one of the options below:
- A power flue is an open fronted gas fire which can be used where there is no chimney or flue available. A powerful fan situated on the outside wall expels the gases from the fire. Mains electricity is required for the fan. Rear flue or side flue options are also available.
- A balance flue is a glass fronted gas appliance which vents directly through an outside wall. Used where there is no chimney or flue available. No mains electricity is required.
- Flueless appliances use a catalytic converter which converts all harmful gases to carbon dioxide (safe gas) and water vapour. These can be installed into most rooms providing there is a gas supply excluding bedrooms and bathrooms. The room also needs to meet minimum size and ventilation requirements.
- Do I need to install an air vent in my room with a gas fire or stove?
Generally, a gas fire or stove with a gas input of 6.9KW or less does not require additional ventilation. A gas fire or stove with input of 7.0KW or more will require additional ventilation. We strongly recommend for specific details please consult the technical details of the appliance before purchasing.
- Do I have to have my chimney lined?
Appliances suitable for a Class 1 flue do not normally require the flue to be lined. However the flue should be swept, inspected and tested for leaks prior to installation. If the condition of flue is very poor then it will need to be lined.